Welcome to our online store!
Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed On: 17/04/2020
The Privacy Notices provided on this page apply to Cherie’s Optics (collectively, “CheriesOptics.com”, “we”. “us”, or “our”). This Notice describes how we collect, use, and share information about you in the course of providing our services and explains your rights with regards to that information. This Notice applies to our Web Site and associated mobile applications (“Web Site”). This Notice does not apply to your protected health information (“PHI”), which is governed by our Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 Notice (“HIPAA”) available here.
- Personal Information We Collect
- Non-Personal Information Collected
- Sources of Personal Data
- More About Cookies
- Google Analytics
- How We Use and Share Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose
- Sales of Personal Information
- Contests and Drawings
- Links to Third Party Web Sites
- Prescription Verification
- Children’s Privacy
- Your Rights and Choices About Your Personal Information
- Updating Your Information
- Your Privacy Rights
- Deletion Request Rights
- Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
- Changes to This Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal information” refers to any information about you by which you can be personally identified. We collect or obtain the following categories of personal data about you. Please see “How We Use and Share Personal Information” for more information about why we collect the categories of information below.
|Category||Examples of Information We Collect|
|A. Identifiers.||We collect information like your name, postal and email address, and other identifiers when you make an appointment with us or communicate with us, in order to provide and improve our services and for the other business purposes listed below. We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol address when you visit us to improve our products and communications. Please see “More About Cookies”, below.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||We collect your name, address, telephone number, credit or debit card number, other financial information, medical information, and health insurance information when you make an appointment with us or initiate a transaction with us, to provide our services and for the other business purposes listed below. We may also collect your contact details when you communicate with us.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under federal law.||We collect your prescription information when you use our services. We may also collect your gender, age, and marital status in order to improve our product offerings and marketing communications and for the other business purposes listed below.|
|D. Commercial information.||We collect your transaction history and other information about your purchasing history in order to improve our product offerings and for the other business purposes listed below.|
|E. Biometric information.||We do not collect this type of information.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||We collect information about visitors to our Web Site, including how visitors search for our products and interact with our Web Site, applications, or advertisements, to improve our communications and product offerings and for the other business purposes listed below.|
|G. Geolocation data.||We collect and use generalized location information to improve our product offerings and for the other business purposes listed below.|
|H. Sensory data.||We do not collect this type of information.|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||We do not collect this type of information.|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||We do not collect this type of information.|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||We collect information about preferences, characteristics, and trends in order to improve our product offerings and for the other business purposes listed below.|
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the Consumer Privacy Act’s (“”) scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by HIPAA and the Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (“CMIA”) or clinical trial data (please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for more detail about the privacy of your health information);
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FRCA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”) or Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL DATA
We obtain all of the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Web Site using cookies.
- From third-party service providers. For example, we obtain demographic data from a third-party service provider to use for marketing analytics.
MORE ABOUT COOKIES
We automatically collect statistics from your browser or device on site usage patterns and your preferences through cookies, web logs, web beacons and third party service providers. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, device ID and type, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the operating system used by your device, date/time stamp, your mobile device’s geographic location, and/or clickstream data.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session ID cookies to allow visitors to easily navigate during checkout and access their account information. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We use a persistent cookie to welcome visitors returning to the site and to associate appropriate advertisements for our visitors.
Most Internet browsers allow you to disable, turn the cookie feature off, or reject cookies entirely by changing the settings on your Internet browser. Changing these settings may affect your ability to use certain features and functions of the Web Site. Without a session ID cookie, your ability to complete a purchase and checkout will be limited.
If you are accessing our site on your mobile device, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer) or Advertising IDs (for iOS 6 and later), instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our Web Site. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in ‘settings’ on your iPhone.
You may interact with content on our Web Site through social media plugins provided by Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn. We do not control the information that these companies collect when you choose to use their social media tools, whether through cookies or otherwise, nor do we control how these companies use any information they collect. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before interacting with these social media tools.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfil or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, when you schedule an appointment, we use the information you have provided to schedule your examination. The information you supply to us also is added to our customer database. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalise, and develop our Web Site, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customise, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, to confirm and communicate with you about appointments and products, and to prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalise your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Web Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Web S, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- As described to you when collecting your personal information; or
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganisation, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred.
DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR A BUSINESS PURPOSE
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information to our third-party service providers for the business purposes described above:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Under applicable law, we are permitted to disclose personal information to service providers in accordance with written contracts requiring our service providers to keep the information confidential.
In addition to third-party service providers, we share all of the categories of personal information we collect with government entities (if required by law or reasonably necessary to avoid harm).
SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our policy is that we do not and will not sell your personal information
CONTESTS AND DRAWINGS
We may sponsor or host contests or drawings from time to time. Some contests may be offered in conjunction with a third party sponsor and Website users will be notified at the time of the contest as to whether a third party sponsor is involved and whether the third party will be receiving the user’s personal information to send promotional communications. The Website user can then choose whether to enter the contest or not at that time based on the terms and conditions associated with that particular contest.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEB SITES
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you may contact us at [email protected].
We may verify your prescription information provided with your order with your doctor or eye-care provider as required by federal law. For more information about how your Protected Health Information, please see our Prescription disclaimer
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and prevent unauthorised access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
All transactions occur through our secure server, protected by a DigiCert® Secure Site Certificate. That means that we use encryption to secure information sent from your computer to our servers. In addition, credit card numbers and other sensitive information are encrypted in our database(s) to provide a second layer of security for your private information. When credit card information is transmitted online, we use Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) server software to prevent unauthorised access to the information. SSL is a highly sophisticated method of scrambling data as it travels from your computer to our Website servers. You can identify the secure connection by looking for a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your browser window.
Our Web Site and Services are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. It is our policy not to knowingly solicit or permit children under the age of 16 to provide their personal information for any purpose. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and our internal policies, if a person under age 16 submits information to us through any part of our Web Site, and we know that the person submitting information is under age 16, we will not use it for any purpose. We will delete the information as soon as we discover it, and we will not disclose it to third parties. If you are under the age of 16, please stop using our Web Site and its services.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If you ever need to update or delete any information on file with us, you may call us at +234 (0) 813-183-1180 or email us at [email protected]. If you need to update your information when re-ordering, you will have a chance to make changes to your payment information, shipping and billing address(es) at checkout.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not disclose personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
In addition, under federal law, web site operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser ‘do not track’ signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information of a consumer over time and across third party web sites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. We do not respond to any such ‘do not track’ signals, as no one do not track standard has gained consensus.
This law also requires web site operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different web sites when the users use the operator’s web site. We do not knowingly permit third parties to collect personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when a consumer uses our Web Site.
Third parties that have content embedded on our Web Site (such as social networking features) may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our Web Site from a certain IP address. These third parties cannot collect any other personal information from our Web Site unless you provide it to them directly.
DELETION REQUEST RIGHTS
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at +234 (0) 813-183-1180
- Emailing us at [email protected]
Only you, or a person that you authorise to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorised representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
- Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
- We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted by law, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Our Privacy Notice may change from time to time. If we decide to change our Privacy Notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the top of this Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the Web Site or Services following the posting of revised Privacy Notice means that you accept and agree to the changes.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at [email protected] or call us at +234 (0) 813-183-1180.